My Cake World

I am having such a fun time making cakes. This year has brought some new adventures and I am enjoying the ride! I love when I have fun and exciting new cakes to post pictures of. I hope that you enjoy taking a look through my world of cakes...

If you would like to schedule an appointment, please send me an email at christinapmiller@hotmail.com.




Saturday, May 31, 2008

Less in More!

I loved this cake. I can't believe how stunningly beautiful it was, yet so simple. The bride wanted to have real pearls around each layer, but don't be fooled. This is actually frosting. I then painted it with luster dust, a powder which gives it a pearl look. This dust comes in so many colors. I have actually dusted an entire cake with it before. It adds a fun sparkle. Another tip that can be taken from this cake, is that less is more. There is not a single whole flower here. She wanted it to look and feel like we had just dropped petals from the top and they fell where they may. It added the perfect touch!

No comments: